STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 11 November 2021
held at Moddershall Village Hall
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr W Woolliscroft
Cllr B Price
Cllr G Jones
Cllr M Tyler
Cllr S Haine
Cllr P Dimberline
Borough Councillors Cllr R Nixon
County Councillor none
Parish Clerk L Davies
- PUBLIC PARTICPIATION
No members of the public were present.
- APOLOGIES RECEIVED – ACCEPTANCE AND RECORDING OF APOLOGIES
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr T Mardling.
- RECORD DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST FROM MEMBERS IN ANY ITEM TO BE DISCUSSED
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 9 SEPTEMBER 2021
The minutes of the Parish Meeting held on 9 September 2021 were considered, approved and duly signed as a correct record of the meeting.
- DISCUSS MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
The new front doors have been installed at the village hall. The new fire doors are expected to be fitted in December.
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: no matters reported
- Borough Councillors: Cllr Nixon provided a summary of his discussions with St Modwens / Blackstone and the Meaford Residents Association in relation to the development of the former Meaford Power Station site.
- REVIEW OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OBSERVATIONS
The details of the planning applications discussed in September, October and the start of November were duly considered and noted.
- RECEIVE THE CHAIRMANS ANNOUNCEMENTS
No announcements were made.
- DISCUSS UPDATES REGARDING HS2
Cllr Fletcher and Cllr McCulloch met with HS2 on Thursday 4th November. Matters discussed included an update on works, the impact on roads in the Parish and guidance on applying for the Groundworks Community grants.
- DISCUSS GRIT BIN REQUIREMENTS IN VILLAGES
The Clerk has arranged a site visit with the Highways Liaison Officer to discuss the three concrete grit bins in Oulton.
- DISCUSS VILLAGE SIGNS IN OULTON
Signage within Oulton was discussed and potential locations for a Stone Rural Parish Council Sign considered. It was agreed that the Chairman and Clerk would view the sights suggested ahead of the next meeting.
- RECEIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ON BANKING FOLLOWING THE INTRODUCTION OF BANK CHARGES BY HSBC
- Members considered the report of the Clerk and considered the future costs of banking to the Parish Council. It was proposed, seconded and unanimously AGREED that the Parish Council should move its bank account to Unity Bank in January 2022 and pay the associated costs with this bank account (LGA 1972 s111).
- It was proposed, seconded and unanimously AGREED that the signatories on the new account be Cllr A McCulloch, Cllr B Fletcher, Cllr D Scrivens and Cllr P Dimberline.
- REVIEW OF COSTS AT VILLAGE HALL AND HIRE RATES
- The Clerk provided an update on the cost increase of the electricity contracts for the village hall. The 2-year electricity contract with EDF will start in the New Year. Rising gas costs were also noted. In contrast hire costs for the village hall have remained static for a number of years.
- The Members considered the level of hire costs at the village hall and AGREED to implement the proposed increased: £12.50 per hour (a reduced rate for Moddershall residents of £10 per hour). The proposed increase for groups that regularly use the hall was also considered and agreed and to be implemented in the new financial year.
- RECEIVE AND REVIEW THE DRAFT BUDGET FOR 2022/2023
- The Meeting considered the draft budget for 2022/23 and discussed the significant elements therein.
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED to accept the budget as presented, with the exception of the level of precept that will be decided at the January meeting.
- Further it was AGREED to look at adopting a Grants Policy ahead of new grants being provided in the new financial year.
- CONFIRM DATES FOR MEETINGS IN 2022
The dates for Parish Council meeting in 2022 (and January 2023) were agreed.
- RECEIVE THE CLERK’S REPORT – CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND PROGRESS REPORT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
- The Clerk has received concerns from a resident regarding the removal of hedgerow in Oulton Heath. It was agreed that the matter should be raised with the relevant person/department within the Borough Council.
- Barlaston Parish Council have enquired whether Stone Rural Parish Council would be interested in joining together in the lighting of a beacon for the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee in June 2023. It was agreed that the Clerk should report back to the Parish Council in January on the costs and practicalities of holding the proposed event.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS REPORT
The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last period (September and October 2021) was reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND BANK RECONCILIATION FOR THE LAST PERIOD
- The financial statements for the period were received, reviewed and approved.
- The bank reconciliation for the year to date (31 October 2021) was received, approved and signed.
- REVIEW OF THE PARISH COUNCIL’S 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- Following the meeting with HS2, the grant application for the Aston-By-Stone Memorial garden will be progressed.
- The Moddershall Interpretation sign is currently in production.
- The Clerk has requested permission to site two new bins in Moddershall. The matter is currently with the County Council.
- AGREE THE DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will take place on 13 January 2021 at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..