Agenda Item 4
STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 9 January 2020
Moddershall Village Hall
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Price
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr S Haine
Cllr W Woolliscroft
Cllr M Tyler
Cllr G Jones
Borough Councillors Cllr A Harp
Cllr R James
County Councillor None
Parish Clerk L V Davies
- QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
No members of the public were present.
Apologies were received from Cllr T Mardling, Cllr P Dimberline and Cllr J Nixon.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 14 NOVEMBER 2019
The minutes of Parish Meeting held on 14 NOVEMBER 2019 were considered, approved and duly signed as a correct record of the meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
- Oulton Community Group will be discussing potential VE Day celebrations at their next meeting in January.
- The survey of the milestones in the Parish is continuing. Clerk to be contacted once completed. Cllr Haine to action
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: None present.
- Borough Councillors:
- The update of the Local Plan is expected on Monday 13th January. Further details for parishes will follow.
- A consultation for the Garden Village is expected to be announced in January.
- MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMITTEE
- The details of the planning applications discussed in November and December and the beginning of January were duly considered and noted.
- The site off the A34 at Aston By Stone where the car showroom previously operated is under offer.
- CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Chairman provided an update of the appeal for the Darlaston roundabout development. The appeal meeting was postponed. A new date has yet to announced.
- The Chairman provided a summary of the SPCA AGM that took place in December.
It was noted that there had been no significant announcements / developments since the last meeting.
- CLERK’S REPORT
- The Clerk’s report was considered and duly noted.
- The requirement for civic amenity visits in the Parish was discussed. It was agreed and approved that Oulton should continue with 3 amenity visits. Moddershall’s visit to be suspended for this year if Cllr Dimberline confirms that the village is not making good use of this facility. Clerk to action
- PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS
- The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last period, was reviewed and signed by the Chairman.
- The Clerk provided an update on the current year financials to date against budget.
- PARISH COUNCIL 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- The condition of the notice board in Aston By Stone was discussed. Chairman and Cllr Fletcher to inspect.
- The condition and use of the bus stops along the A34 was discussed.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting is scheduled for THURSDAY 12 MARCH 2020 at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..