STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 2 July 2020
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr S Haine
Cllr M Tyler
Cllr T Mardling
Borough Councillors Cllr R James
Cllr A Ward
Cllr J Nixon
County Councillor None
Parish Clerk L Davies
- AMENDMENT TO STANDING ORDERS AND FINANCIAL REGULATIONS FOR REMOTE MEETINGS
The Report of the Clerk was received and considered. It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that the proposed amendments to the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations be adopted as set out in the Report and be appended to the Parish Council’s Standing Orders.
- QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
No members of the public were present. No questions from the public had been received.
Apologies were received from Cllr B Price, Cllr G Jones, Cllr P Dimberline and Cllr W Woolliscroft.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 12 MARCH 2020
The minutes of Parish Meeting held on 12 March 2020 were considered, approved and duly signed as a correct record of the meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
- The car showroom on the A34 in Aston By Stone has closed.
- The County Council has not undertaken grass cutting on a Church Lane and therefore a resident has paid for the grass to be cut at a cost of £20. The area of grass verge is thought to be owned by the County Council.
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: None present
- Borough Councillors
- Cllr James referred Cllrs to the Borough Council’s website to view the Borough Council’s response to Covid-19.
- Cllr Nixon highlighted the availability of grants to local small business. The resumption of car parking charges was also noted. Bin calendars have recently been distributed to all households, however, for future periods these calendars will be available online only.
- The recent Government announcement regarding changes to the planning process was discussed. Changes expected to be in place by September 2020.
- MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMITTEE
The details of the planning applications discussed in April, May and June were duly considered and noted.
- CHARITIABLE DONATIONS
- The Report of the Clerk was received and considered.
- It was AGREED that the grants to the Scout and Girl Guiding Groups should be paid as soon as practically possible. Clerk to action
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that the Parish Council should provide donations of £200 to the 14 charities/organisations set out in the Report. Clerk to action
- CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Residents from Aston By Stone have contacted the Parish Council to request a grant to improve the area surrounding the King George V Memorial Tree on Aston Lane.
- It was agreed that the ownership of the land should be determined and to request further detail from the residents as to what improvements they were considering and an estimate of the financial support they may request. Clerk to action.
- The Community Fund that will be made available to affected routes on Phase 2a was discussed. Cllrs were encouraged to think about projects within the Parish that could take advantage of this funding.
- Cllr Fletcher provided a summary of the online Archaeology Presentation given by HS2 on 23rd June.
- PARISH COUNCIL MATTERS
- PARISH COUNCIL ACCOUNTS 2019/20
The Clerk summarised the Parish Council’s Accounts for 2019/20 and provided a schedule of the Parish Council Assets as at 31 March 2020. The clerk highlighted that the Council’s Reserves Balance had increased by £1,955.71 to £37,815.52.
- ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT 2019/20
- The Clerk introduced the Report on the Annual Governance and Accountability Return for 2019/20. The Council’s accounts have been internally audited on 6 May 2020. The Annual internal audit report was signed with all statements being confirmed as ‘Yes’ and no observations were made.
- The Parish Council AGREED to submit a Certificate of Exemption to the external auditor and complete Annual Governance and Accountability Return Part 2.
- The Parish Council approved the Annual Governance Statement for 2019/20 and authorised the Chairman to sign Section 1 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return accordingly, which he duly did.
- The Parish Council approved the Accounting Statement for 2019/20 and authorised the Chairman to sign Section 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return accordingly, which he duly did.
- The Parish Council reviewed the end of year Bank Reconciliation and authorised the Chairman to sign it, which he duly did.
- The Parish Council reviewed the Schedule of Significant Variances and duly agreed it.
- The Parish Council reviewed all of the Earmarked Reserves held by the Parish Council and duly agreed them.
- The Parish Council reviewed the commencement dates for the exercise of public rights.
- RISK ASSESSMENT
- The Parish Council’s Risk assessment was reviewed.
- Amendments to the Risk Assessment were considered, AGREED and adopted.
- It was noted that the new 5 Year Plan between 2018/19 and 2023/24 was in place and looked to reduce the reserves, however, the reserves had increased in the last financial year and would need further monitoring.
- Other risks to be monitored by the Clerk on an ongoing basis and brought back to the Parish Council as necessary. Clerk to arrange.
- Risk Assessment to remain a standing item at the APA regardless of the above. Clerk to arrange.
- STANDING ORDERS AND FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
- The report of the Clerk was received and the proposed amendments to the Financial Regulations and Regular Payments schedule were considered.
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED to adopt the amendments to the Financial Regulations and the Regular Payments Schedule as proposed.
- VILLAGE HALL RISK ASSESSMENT
- The Village Hall risk assessment was reviewed and amendments discussed.
- The Village hall has been closed since the end of March due to Covid 19 restrictions. Recent guidance on opening community centres was discussed. It was unanimously agreed that the village hall could not be safely opened at this time.
- This decision to be reviewed at the next Parish Meeting or at an earlier time should guidance change. Clerk to action
- CLERK’S REPORT
The Clerk’s report was considered and duly noted.
- PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS AND FINANCIAL REPORTING
- The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last 2 periods (March & April, May & June) were reviewed and signed by the Chairman.
- The Clerk provided an update on the current year financials to date against budget.
- PARISH COUNCIL 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- The Clerk explained that a complaint had been received regarding the proposed position of the Moddershall Information Panel. The complaint was considered and other potential positions for the information panel were discussed.
- Due to the absence of Cllrs who have had an input into this project, it was agreed to raise this matter in the September meeting.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting is scheduled for THURSDAY 10 September 2020 at 7.30pm. Venue to be confirmed
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..