STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 8 July 2021
held at Moddershall Village Hall
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr T Mardling
Cllr P Dimberline
Cllr B Price
Cllr G Jones
Borough Councillors Cllr A Harp
Cllr R James
County Councillor none
Parish Clerk L Davies
- PUBLIC PARTICPIATION
No members of the public joined the meeting.
- APOLOGIES RECEIVED – ACCEPTANCE AND RECORDING OF APOLOGIES
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr S Haine, Cllr M Tyler and Cllr B Woolliscoft.
- RECORD DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST FROM MEMBERS IN ANY ITEM TO BE DISCUSSED
Cllr P Dimberline declared an interest in a matter to be discussed at agenda item 8.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 20 MAY 2021
The minutes of Annual Assembly and the Parish Meeting held on 20 May 2021 were considered, approved and duly signed as correct records of the meetings.
- DISCUSS MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
New signage for the Oulton noticeboards has been installed. The sign for the Meaford noticeboards was installed but was removed a couple of days later. The sign has been retrieved and will be mounted more securely.
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: no matters reported
- Borough Councillors: An update on the vaccination programme and case rates within the Borough was provided.
- REVIEW OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OBSERVATIONS
The details of the planning applications discussed in May, June and the start of July were duly considered and noted.
- RECEIVE THE CHAIRMANS ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Parish Council has received information from a resident in Moddershall regarding a recent development in the village that has adversely affected their property. The Parish Council agreed to inspect the property and consider what assistance (if any) may be provided to the resident.
- DISCUSS UPDATES REGARDING HS2
- An update on recent developments was provided and upcoming webinars highlighted.
- The Community Grant Programme was discussed further. B Fletcher to attend the upcoming webinar.
- REVIEW OF PARISH COUNCIL BUDGET AND PROPOSALS ON SERVICES / ASSETS
- The clerk provided an updated budget for the year 2021/22. This was considered and agreed that it should be adopted moving forward.
- The level of funds that could be allocated for additional services was considered. It was AGREED to move forward with two dog waste bins for Moddershall. Clerk to action
- DISCUSS MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR MODDERSHALL VILLAGE HALL
- The repairs required for Moddershall village hall were discussed.
- It was noted that due to the ongoing restrictions and the rising level of cases that normal usage of the hall might not resume until 2022. It was acknowledged that the grant received in April 2020 would cover running costs for the current year, but additional funds would be required for maintenance.
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that essential maintenance should take place and that the Parish Council should consider the ongoing viability of hall at the end of 2022. Clerk to action
- REVIEW OF VILLAGE HALL RISK ASSESSMENT
- The village hall risk assessment was considered and changes/developments discussed.
- It was AGREED to adopt the risk assessment as amended.
- DISCUSS GRIT BINS REQUIREMENTS IN VILLAGES
- It was AGREED to move this agenda item to the September meeting.
- REVIEW AND ADOPTION OF HR POLICIES
- The Parish Council considered the following HR policies: grievance procedure, disciplinary policy, training and development policy and complaints procedure.
- It was AGREED to adopt these policies as presented.
- DISCUSS THE PARLIAMENTARY BOUNDARY REVIEW CONSULTATION
- It was agreed that the Parish Council would not make any comment on the consultation
- DISCUSS HIGHWAY MATTERS WITHIN THE PARISH
- Mill Lane was discussed. It was noted that some additional stones had been placed at the side of the stream but were insufficient to stop the water flowing onto the road. It is unclear who undertook this work.
- It was AGREED that the Parish Council should request that a representative from the Highways Department attend a future meeting. Clerk to action
- RECEIVE THE CLERk’S REPORT – CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND PROGRESS ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
- The Community Traffic Management Officer has requested information on where Speed Indication Devices may be located in Oulton. Ian Parry has stated that a grant may be available to contribute towards their cost.
- Oulton First School have contacted the Parish Council and residents regarding planting a number of trees within the school grounds. The Parish Council has been made aware of, and has received directly, concerns from residents regarding these plans. The school’s plans and the concerns of residents were discussed and it was AGREED that the Clerk should write to the school to highlight potential issues of drainage and maintenance. Clerk to action
- A monthly community book swap morning has started at Moddershall Village Hall on the first Wednesday of every month.
- The Borough Council has not replaced the “No Dogs Allowed” sign from the play park in Oulton and dog owners are beginning to use the area to walk their dogs. A resident of Oulton has requested whether the Parish Council could provide signage. Signs cost approximately £5 each. It was AGREED to supply 2 signs but would consider providing additional ones if required.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS REPORT
The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last period (May and June 2021) was reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND BANK RECONCILITATION FOR THE LAST PERIOD
- The financial statements for the period were received, reviewed and approved.
- The bank reconciliation for the year to date (30 June 2021) was received, approved and signed.
- REVIEW OF THE PARISH COUNCIL’S 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- AGREE THE DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will take place on 9th September 2021 at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..