Agenda Item 4
STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 14 November 2019
Moddershall Village Hall
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Price
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr S Haine
Cllr P Dimberline
Cllr W Woolliscroft
Cllr M Tyler
Cllr T Mardling
Borough Councillors Cllr A Harp
Cllr R James
County Councillor None
Parish Clerk L V Davies
- QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
No members of the public were present.
Apologies were received from Cllr G Jones and Cllr J Nixon.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 9 SEPTEMBER 2020
The minutes of Parish Meeting held on 9 SEPTEMBER 2020 were considered, approved and duly signed as a correct record of the meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
- Residents of Moddershall have decided to hold a VE Day celebration and will meet in January to discuss.
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: None present.
- Borough Councillors:
- Concerns over the Redhill Development were discussed.
- The New Local Plan and new housing requirements were also discussed.
- MINUTES OF PLANNING COMMITTEE
- The details of the planning applications discussed in September and October and the beginning of November were duly considered and noted.
- CHAIRMAN’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Chairman provided a summary of the issues raised at his meeting with Cllr Parry. Cllr Fletcher also had a meeting with Ian Parry and provided a summary of the areas discussed.
- It was noted that there had been no significant announcements / developments since the last meeting.
- HIGHWAYS MAINTENANCE
- Residents of Aston-By-Stone have contacted the Parish Council to express their concerns over the proposed changes to the A51 / A34 roundabout by HS2. A designated new lane would enable traffic to flow from the A51 to the A34 southbound without stopping at the roundabout. This issue was discussed and it was confirmed the Cllr Fletcher was in contact with the County Council who would be consulted by HS2 if these alternations go ahead.
- Residents of Aston-By-Stone have also raised their concerns over the state of the by-pass in Aston-By-Stone. Although this is a County Council responsibility, Cllr Fletcher stated that he contacts the County Council at least on a by-annual basis to report the amount of litter after which it does get removed. The problems with human waste on the site may be reduced if there was a toilet at the by-pass, however, the County Council have been unwilling to add such a facility due to costs.
- Following his meeting with Cllr Parry, Cllr Fletcher has been provided with contacts at the Highways department. It was agreed that Cllr Fletcher should invite a representative to a Parish Meeting at the start of next year. Cllr Fletcher to action.
- Following on from September’s meeting the Clerk wrote to the SPCA to ask what actions they were taking on highway verge maintenance. The SPCA’s response to the parish Council letter was read to the meeting.
- CLERK’S REPORT
- The Clerk’s report was considered and duly noted.
- A group that restores milestones in the area is seeking funding due to cuts from the County Council. Cllr Haine to liaise with the group to ascertain whether any milestone need restoration in the Parish. The Parish Council will discuss any potential support once a formal request for funds has been received. Cllr Haine to action
- PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS
- The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last period, was reviewed and signed by the Chairman.
- The Clerk provided an update on the current year financials to date against budget.
- PARISH COUNCIL 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- It was proposed, seconded and agreed to apply for a licence to plant the new conservation map in Moddershall at a cost of £109 plus the cost of obtaining the required map of the area. Clerk to action.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting is scheduled for THURSDAY 9 JANUARY 2020 at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..