STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 13 January 2022
held at Moddershall Village Hall
Present: Councillors Cllr A McCulloch
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T D Scrivens
Cllr W Woolliscroft
Cllr B Price
Cllr G Jones
Cllr S Haine
Cllr P Dimberline
Cllr T Mardling
Borough Councillors Cllr R James
Cllr A Harp
County Councillor none
Parish Clerk L Davies
- PUBLIC PARTICPIATION
No members of the public were present.
- APOLOGIES RECEIVED – ACCEPTANCE AND RECORDING OF APOLOGIES
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr M Tyler.
- RECORD DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST FROM MEMBERS IN ANY ITEM TO BE DISCUSSED
Cllr Jones declared an interest in agenda item 10.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS HELD ON 11 November 2021
The minutes of the Parish Meeting held on November 2021 were considered, approved and duly signed as a correct record of the meeting.
- DISCUSS MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES NOT ON AGENDA
- Conversations are continuing with highways regarding the removal of the three concrete grit bins in Oulton and replacements being provided by SRPC.
- Following inspection of the signs by the Chairman and Clerk, it was agreed to get quotes for replacing a damaged village signs in Oulton.
- REPORTS FROM BOROUGH AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS
- County Councillors: no matters reported
- Borough Councillors: Cllr Harp provided a written report to the Council. Copies to be emailed to Cllrs following the meeting.
- REVIEW OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE OBSERVATIONS
The details of the planning applications discussed in November, December and the start of January were duly considered and noted.
- RECEIVE THE CHAIRMANS ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Chairman updated the meeting on progress with the HS2 grant application.
- TO DETERMINE AND AGREE THE PRECEPT AMOUNT TO BE REQUESTED FOR 2022/23
- The report and recommendations of the Clerk were received.
- It was PROPOSED, SECONDED AND AGREED that there should be no overall increase in the precept in 2022/23 and should remain at £15,550, which represents a £0.03 increase for a Band D property.
- TO DISCUSS A GRANT REQUEST FROM BARLASTON BOWLS AND TENNIS CLUB
- The meeting reviewed the grant request received from Baralston Bowls and Tennis Club (situated in Meaford) for funds towards improvements to the bowling green area.
- Following a discussion on the matter, it was decided that a sub committee of Members should attend a site visit to better understand how the funds will be used and benefit the Parish. It was also agreed that in order to make a decision on funding that the latest accounts and details of the club’s lease should be reviewed.
- It was PROPOSED, SECONDED and AGREED that following the site visit and receipt of additional information the sub committee should be given delegated authority to decide whether to authorise a grant towards the refurbishment project (LGA s137). The decision will be reported back to SRPC at the March meeting.
- TO DISCUSS POTENTIAL CELEBRATIONS FOR THE QUEEN’S JUBILEE
- The meeting received the report of the clerk on holding a beacon lighting event in conjunction with Barlaston Parish Council. Initial costings and logistical considerations were discussed.
- Permission has been sought from the National Trust to hold the event on the Downs Bank but no response has been received. Further possible sites were discussed. It was agreed to share the report with Barlaston Parish Council and to enquire whether other sites may be available should the National Trust not respond positively to the request.
- RECEIVE THE CLERK’S REPORT – CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED AND PROGRESS REPORT ON MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA
- Civic Amenity visits are to resume in March 2022. Oulton Cllrs were asked to provide suitable dates for 2 visits in village during 2022 as agreed in the budget.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE PAYMENTS AUTHORISATIONS REPORT
The Payments Authorisations Report, together with the income received in the last period (November and December 2021) was reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.
- RECEIVE AND APPROVE FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND BANK RECONCILIATION FOR THE LAST PERIOD
- The financial statements for the period were received, reviewed and approved.
- The bank reconciliation for the year to date (31 December 2021) was received, approved and signed.
- REVIEW OF THE PARISH COUNCIL’S 5 YEAR FINANCE PLAN MONITORING
- The Five Year Plan for the period 2018/19 to 2023/24 was reviewed.
- The Moddershall Interpretation sign is will be installed on the 14th
- AGREE THE DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Meeting will take place on 10 March 2022 at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed …………………………………………… Dated………………………..