DRAFT – STONE RURAL PARISH COUNCIL
PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
Minutes of Annual Parish Assembly held on 12 May 2022
at 7.30pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Cllr A McCulloch (Chairman)
Cllr B Price
Cllr B Fletcher
Cllr T Mardling
Cllr D Scrivens
Cllr G Jones
Cllr S Haine
Cllr M Tyler
Cllr A Harp
Cllr R James
County Councillor: None
Parish Clerk: L V Davies
- ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR
- (1.1) It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that Cllr A McCulloch be elected Chairman for the coming year.
- (1.2) Cllr McCulloch duly signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
- ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR
It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that Cllr B Price be elected as Vice Chairman for the following year.
- APOLOGIES RECEIVED
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr W Woolliscoft. Cllr J Nixon also sent his apologies.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
- APPOINTMENTS TO OUTSIDE BODIES
The following appointments were made to outside bodies for 2022/23:
- Stone Common Plot Committee Cllr T Mardling
- SPCA Area Committee Parish Clerk/Chairman
- Highways Authority/RoW Parish Clerk/Chairman/Cllr B Fletcher
- APPOINTMENTS TO THE PLANNING COMMITTEE
- (6.1) The following members were elected to the Planning Committee for 2022/23:
- Cllr D Scrivens
- Cllr S Haine
- Cllr P Dimberline
- Cllr A McCulloch
- Cllr T Mardling
- (6.2) It was AGREED to adopt the Planning Committee Terms of Reference.
- CHAIRMAN’S REPORT FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31 MARCH 2022
The Chairman acknowledged another unusual and difficult year experienced by everyone due to the continuing impact of Covid 19, highlighting that the Parish Council had continued to operate throughout. He thanked all Members and the Clerk for continuing to support the work of the Parish Council.
- FINANCIAL MATTERS
- (8.1) RECEIVE THE FINANCIAL REVIEW FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31 MARCH 2021
- The Clerk provided a summary of the financials for the Parish Council during the year.
- The decrease in and current balance of unrestricted and restricted reserves was carefully considered.
- (8.2) RECEIVE THE SECTION 137 REPORT AND AGREE DONATIONS FOR 2022
- The Section 137 Report was considered.
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that the youth organisation in Oulton and Aston-by-Stone should receive the donations budgeted in the 5 year plan, totalling £2,000 across the organisations. Clerk to arrange
- It was proposed, seconded and AGREED that the 12 organisations/charities set out in the Report should, on this occasion, receive a donation of £250, totalling £3,000. Clerk to arrange
- (8.3) RECEIVE THE ANNUAL GOVERNANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN 2021/22 REPORT
- The Annual Governance and Accountability Return report was considered.
- It was noted that the internal auditor had signed the Annual Internal Audit Report of the AGAR stating that all internal control objectives had been met.
- (8.4) RECEIVE THE GOVERNANCE STATEMENT OF THE AGAR RETURN YEAR ENDING 31 MARCH 2022
The Parish Council APPROVED the Annual Governance Statement for 2021/22 and authorised the Chairman to sign section 1 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return accordingly, which he duly did.
- (8.5) RECEIVE THE ACCOUNTING STATEMENTS OF THE AGAR RETURN YEAR ENDING 31 MARCH 2022
- The Parish Council APPROVED the Accounting Statement for 2021/22 and authorised the Chairman to sign section 2 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return accordingly, which he duly did.
- The Parish Council reviewed the end of year Bank Reconciliation and authorised the Chairman to sign it, which he duly did.
- The Parish Council reviewed the Schedule of Significant Variances and duly AGREED it.
- The Parish Council reviewed all of the Earmarked Reserves held by the Parish Council and duly AGREED them.
- The Parish Council reviewed the commencement dates for the exercise of public rights.
- The Parish Council reviewed the schedule of assets as at 31 March 2022.
- RISK ASSESSMENT
- (9.1) The Parish Council’s Risk assessment was reviewed by the meeting.
- (9.2) Risks to be monitored by the Clerk on an ongoing basis and brought back to the Parish Council as necessary. Clerk to arrange.
- (9.3) Risk Assessment to remain as a standing item at the APA regardless of the above. Clerk to arrange.
- STANDING ORDERS AND FINANCIAL REGULATIONS REVIEW
- (10.1) The Standing Orders and Financial Regulations Review report was received and considered by the meeting.
- (10.2) It was AGREED to adopt the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations as set out in the report.
- REVIEW OF CODE OF CONDUCT AND DATA PROTECTION POLICIES
- (11.1) Parish Council’s code of conduct report was considered.
- (11.2) It was AGREED to adopt the code of conduct as set out in the report.
- (11.3) The report of the clerk for the Parish Council’s data protection policies was considered.
- (11.4) It was AGREED to adopt the policies as set out in the report.
- (11.5) It was also AGREED given the small amount of data held by the Council that engaging an external DPO would not be proportionate to the cost.
- TO AGREE TO DEFER THE REVIEW OF OTHER POLICIES MENTIONED IN THE STANDING ORDERS AT S5(J) UNTIL THE NEXT MEETING
It was AGREED to defer the review of other policies mentioned in the standing orders at s5(j) until the next meeting.
- DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING
The next Parish Council Annual Meeting is provisionally scheduled for
Wednesday, 11 May 2023 at 7.00pm at Moddershall Village Hall
Signed: _____________________________ Date: _______________________